Wednesday 23 November 2011

Nerves at the ready. Hair modelling and contacts ..(task 3)

I decided to do hair modelling for the first time. I was hair modelling for a hairdresser called Stacey Broughton who is very famous in the hairdressing world. He had two other models befor me. I was so nervous. Befor hand I had used google to look up his latest work and what he had been doing. I think this made me more nervous as his latest thing was 'cropping'.
It made me so nervous waiting as I was the last one used.
I was quiet lucky as I had another hairdresser as well as Stacey that I knew already through my dad being a hairdresser so I was quiet happy.
As I sat in the chair my nerves disappeared and I sat back and relaxed and let them literally chop away. Befor I had a long A lined bob, but know I have very short hair.
I really enjoyed the experience and I am so happy with my hair.
I shall get pictures up on flicker once I can get hold of digital ones.
In this intersty it is about who you know.
I spoke to the Paul Mitchell rep (who is one of my dads good friends)about doing hair modelling for his company when they need people. He was passing on my information to the person who deals with it all.
Everyone has contacts you just have to use them tactically and do your resurch.
Is there anyone you knew that has helped you gain contacts in the intersty?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie, speaking of contacts Paula said you were really interested in working on board a cruise so I just thought i'd let you know if you ever wanted to ask anything ask away and also the company that I work for within Costa are holding auditions this month or early January so keep a look out! I'd love to do some hair modelling myself, how did you get into it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily thank you very much that would be a great help. I need to get some new headshots done due to the cut and lose a bit of weight.
    It was my first time of doing it I really enjoyed it. I got it through my dads contacts really. He owns a salon and has well known hairdressers come in and train his staff for a day. I got chatting to Stacey and showed my interest and thats how I got it. Also my dad is really good friends with the Paul Mitchell rep and I gave him my CV and he passed it on to Liam who is head choreographer for Paul Mitchell.
    It puts that theory of its about who you know to the test.
    What was your cruse ship audition like?

    ReplyDelete