Friday 12 October 2012

Fosuc group questions... Bit of help needed

I am trying to put my focus group questions together and I'm struggling.
My plan for my focus group

Who?
This focus group will include the Mushroom theatre company which is an inter grated (abled and disabled) dance company/school. Some of the teachers also teach in special needs schools, so I will hopefully gain mixed views and answers for the questions asked.

Where and when?
Mushroom Theatre company on the 20th October.

Intentions
To put together questions that will help and benefit my inquiry.
To learn at least one thing new about my inquiry question, "how does performing arts benefit children with global delay."
To follow my ethics.

Hoped out come.
From this focus group I hope to have explored my questions and receive constructive and contrasting answers, from the teachers which all have different qualifications and experiences.
I also hope to learn about weather communication skills of learners can benefit and develop from performing arts.
 I would also like to have an understanding on how children with global delay struggle with communication and how I can help when working with them. I also want to understand how performing arts can develop their communication skills and what other aspects of learning can benefit from performing arts.

Questions from my interview which I can incorporate.


Do you use performing arts during curricular lessons? And how?
What benefits does it have on children with global delay whilst learning?
How do children with global delay struggle in communication in lessons?
How does using performing arts during lessons help and develop there communication skills?
What other exercises using performing arts would you use to develop there communication skills?

If any one has any tips, ideas or comments would be truly great full!

Charlie


2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie, please add me to your focus group and via facebook and I will do the same. Here are my answers to your questions. I hope you find it helpful.

    I teach dance at Btec level 2 and level 3. Working around the specification I often need to choreograph dance work and routines for my students. I come from an ISTD background so the ISTD syllabus remains a strong influence.

    Students who do not speak english as a first language will learn more easily from demonstration and visual aids. These students may struggle in class during partner and group work and require more time and support.

    Performing Arts is a visaul art form, building social skills and individual confidence. It can be used to develop communication, with students expressing themselves through their performance (eg a mime in drama).

    Drama games could build relationships in a lesson and be used to break down communication barriers between students from different backgrounds.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you gemma
      i also find teaching through visual aids helps there development and learning do you think performing arts (singing, music, drama, roleplay, dance and movement)is a good tool to intruduce when teaching curricular lessons in a school. what are your veiws on how this would work?
      thanks
      charlie

      Delete